MBDC celebrates Blueland’s first fully Cradle to Cradle Certified® products! Since the inception of Blueland, they have worked closely with MBDC as the assessment body to ensure the health and safety of their products, of which nearly all previously achieved a C2C Certified Material Health Certificate™ from the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute. As Blueland stated in their announcement, Cradle to Cradle is “more than a certification–it’s the promise of a better future.”
“It is so exciting to see Blueland achieve C2C Certified® for their range of products,” says MBDC Senior Project Manager Olivia LaMarche. “MBDC is proud to be the assessors that worked with the Blueland team each step of the way. Achieving Gold level certification for the cleaning tablets and forever bottles demonstrates Blueland’s commitment to developing products that are both safe and circular. This is a great next step in Blueland fulfilling their mission of providing innovative products in reusable packaging which are safe for both humans and the environment.”
Highlights of the certification pillars:
Ensuring materials are safe for humans and the environment
- All fully certified products received Platinum Material Health except for the glass hand soap bottle.
- The Platinum products are fully optimized for human and environmental health, making sure they are safe, then circular.
- Products meet the highest standards for human and environmental safety.
Enabling a circular economy through product and process design
- Blueland’s certified bottles are designed for refill and reuse and built to last. Should the bottle need to be disposed of Blueland has a takeback program for recycling of the bottles.
- Blueland tablets are designed with biobased and biodegradable ingredients to ensure they can safely re-enter the biological cycle.
Generating clean energy and protecting the climate
- Blueland purchased carbon offsets to account for 100% of the emissions in their product portfolio.
Safeguarding air, water and soil resources
- Blueland implemented positive impact strategies to ensure the production of Blueland products does not contribute to local water issues.
Embracing safe, fair and equitable labor practices that advance human rights and strong communities
- Blueland is a Certified B Corp.
- All tablets are Leaping Bunny certified.
Blueland’s Cradle to Cradle Certified® products: